Our services include:
- US/UK Cross Border financial planning
- Multi-Currency investing for British Expats
- Pension planning for British Expats
Within the area of Cross Border financial advice, Edward specialises in dealing with US connected individuals ranging from globally mobile employees to high net worth individuals and families. They are generally British expats in the United States and American expats in the UK. Edward is qualified to advise on all areas of financial advice in the UK from Pension and Investments to Inheritance Tax Planning and Protection. He has also completed the US Investment Adviser (Series 65) qualification.
Edward is a firm believer that when financial advice is offered, it should be delivered in a ‘joined-up’ way with the right tax and legal experts being involved in the process where appropriate. An example of a common situation that Edward deals with is where a US connected client has a Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP) in the UK, which is invested in Passive Foreign Investment Companies (PFIC’s). PFIC’s are very tax inefficient so the first step would be to speak with a UK/US Tax Adviser to establish whether any back taxes are owed. Once this has been resolved, Edward would look at what needs to be done to restructure the SIPP to make it compliant and then build this into a wider financial plan.
Cross Atlantic Business Solutions
US Finance / Operation Services
- Identify timeline and budget for Expansion to US
- Determine best way to hire US talent (employees)
- Set up US Operations (bank account, entity, etc.)
- Registrations and filings with states and tax jurisdictions
- Sales tax guidance and filings
- US Accounts implementation and maintenance
- Strategic, Virtual Finance Director
- Vetted referrals – Legal, HR, Insurance, Valuations, Stock options, etc.